Deliciously Organic

has been moved to new address

http://http://deliciouslyorganic.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Deliciously Organic: Dark Chocolate Creams

Deliciously Organic

A blog devoted entirely to simple, wholesome, organic cooking.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Dark Chocolate Creams


Years ago, my husband and I decided to make Valentine's Day all about the kids.  It's not that we don't want to be romantic, but because our anniversary is just a week prior it seemed silly to have another extravagant day for the two of us shortly afterwards.  Valentine's is great day for us to show the kids how much we love and appreciate them with a few small gifts (usually books) and, of course, dessert. 


This is such a dreamy chocolate dessert and a wonderful sweet treat for your loved ones.  I prefer to eat this incredibly creamy, thick, chocolaty cream just after it's blended and still warm.  Since these creams are so incredibly rich you could even pour small individual servings into shot glasses and tiny serve with spoons (perfect for a ladies get together).  At any rate, these creams won't last very long...



Dark Chocolate Creams
Serves 6-8

12 ounces organic chocolate, chopped (I prefer organic Trader Joes bittersweet chocolate because it doesn't contain lecithin)
1 cup cream
4 egg yolks
pinch salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Put chopped chocolate in a blender.  Bring cream to a simmer over medium heat.  Just when cream simmers pour it over the chocolate in the blender, put the top on the blender and blend until smooth.  Add eggs, pinch of salt, and vanilla and blend until smooth.

*By the way, I don't know why my recipe for pumpkin pie (written in November) went out to those of you with an email subscription.  Sorry for that!

12 Comments:

Anonymous MaryMoh said...

wow...that looks very chocolatey, rich, creamy and delicious. I'll lick the dish clean :D

February 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Carli said...

I'm dying. It's snowing and I can't get to the store and I don't have the ingredients on hand to make these. It is a sad day indeed.

February 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom and dad made Valentine's Day special for me and my sister. On the morning of Valentine's Day, my siser and I would find a gift at the end of the bed. It was so cute!

Thanks for sharing this chocolate recipe. You literally had me at the 1st pic!

February 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

YUM! we make it about the kids mostly too....they LOVE Valentine's Day! These look FANTASTIC!

February 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet said...

Wow! That looks wonderful. :-)

February 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Memória said...

I love how quick and easy this recipe is, and the fact that it is made in a blender. Wow. Great photos.

February 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a decadent chocolate dessert..it looks so delicious, especially with that lovely swirl on top! And all my compliments on your beaugtiful phototgraphy!
Ronelle

February 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger El said...

I'm officially dying to try this recipe. It looks incredibly dark, creamy and delicious. Your kids are very lucky indeed!

February 14, 2010 at 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Liza (Jersey Cook) said...

I just found this blog and am loving going through the archives! You have such gorgeous pictures and I love how your recipes use whole and organic ingredients.

These chocolate desserts look amazing and I wish I could jump through the screen and eat them :)

February 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Chocolate Corporate Gifts said...

It looks absolutely great. I can't wait to try this. The recipes are not that hard to find and easy to make. Definitely a recipe to look up for.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

:)

February 16, 2010 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Divina Pe said...

That chocolate is ultra silky smooth.. yum

February 17, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger The Urban Baker said...

I have so many egg yolks from all the macaroons I have been making...this is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and our new friendship! x

March 28, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home